Thursday, March 12, 2015

Marked By You




My fantasy romance Marked by You is now available. Isn't the cover a pretty?

It's a spinoff from a fantasy I wrote in 2009 and which I'm revising now, set in an Africa-esque land. I always wanted to visit the Serengeti but could never afford it, so I wrote about it instead. And then gave the characters a highly contagious and incurable disease - the ability to do magic - indicated by a permanent mark on their faces, because I'm mean like that.

But a few of them are Immunes, which means they need to protect uninfected people by any means necessary. So when such an Immune meets a magician, there's enough sparks to set fire to the savanna.

Get it on Loose Id's website, Amazon or All Romance Ebooks. Enjoy!


4 comments:

Maria Zannini said...

Wait. The disease is to be able to DO magic? LOL. Where do I get infected?

Though I'm sure it's not as simple as that.

Very cool that you chose an African-esque landscape. Far more unique than what you normally find nowadays.

Marian Perera said...

Yes, that's the disease. You get it, and you can heal wounds, reshape metal, or kill with a touch.

But you also infect other people. And if you ever cross the threshold of how much magic you've used - and each person has a different such limit - the power turns on you. That's remarkably unpleasant to live with, assuming you live.

I'm glad you like the setting too. It was fun to research and imagine, plus I built up a lovely playlist of African songs to listen to while I wrote. :)

gypsyscarlett said...

Congratulations! I concur with Maria in regards to the landscape. Sounds very interesting.

Marian Perera said...

Thank you, Tasha! It takes more research, because I'm not familiar with Africa at all, but I hope the end result will be worth it. :)